The differences between a unit policy and a master policy

A unit condominium policy and a master policy are two types of insurance policies that protect condominiums, but there are some distinct differences between them. At Blue Hen Insurance LLC, we want Middletown, DE area condo owners to make sure they have the coverage they need to protect themselves.

Unit Policy vs. Master Policy

A unit condo policy covers the interior of the unit, including any personal belongings and improvements that have been made by the owner. This type of policy will also cover any liability claims that arise out of the ownership or occupancy of the unit. On the other hand, a master policy covers common areas of a condominium complex such as hallways, stairwells, swimming pools, and clubhouses. It will also cover the exterior walls, windows, and roof of each individual unit in the complex. 

When it comes to purchasing insurance for a condominium, it’s important to understand both types of coverage so you can determine which one(s) best suits your needs. A unit condo policy offers more personalized coverage while a master policy provides protection for common areas. Depending on your situation, you may need one or both types of coverage in order to be adequately protected. 

No matter which type of coverage you choose, make sure that it will provide enough protection for both your personal property and liability in the event of damage or injury. Keep in mind that some condominium associations require you to purchase insurance, so check with them to determine what type and amount of coverage is necessary. It’s also important to understand any special coverage needs you may have, such as flood insurance or earthquake coverage. 

Give Us A Call

For more tips, call us at Blue Hen Insurance LLC today. We proudly serve the Middletown, DE area.